Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The View From Where I Sit

When I was young I would analyze. Purpose was the nugget I chewed and tasted to see if nourishment to a cause could be had. My analysis determined my actions. As time passed, experience shown its light on a mistaken belief that analysis was all I needed to know the true nature of something. This mistake was mostly due to the fact that the analyzer was me.

But then, instead of analyzing purpose, I spent my time as an observer. An observer of results. Though purpose was still important to me, the only purpose I could really be sure of was my own. Observations, on the other hand, could be seen by all. No matter the purpose, it is the results of an action that determines the action's value to me.

This is the reason I don't care to be part of any established political party. While ideology may fill my dreams, results rule my life. The results since Ronald Reagan speak volumes to me.

Now I analyze my observations. Is what I see really what is real or am I mistaken because I can see only what is shown?

Analysis+observation of results seemed to be the answer. In this way I could see beyond what was shown and come to know what was not known, at least to me.

But, alas, this did not take into account that I could be deceived. Thus, it seems, is the allure of the political gamesmanship that we endure. The purposes, the results, the game, all are suspect. Mine, yours, everyone's.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Results can be misinterpreted. Gut feelings can be wrong. Deceit can masquerade as truth. Self-interest can trump anything. Only Time reveals the truth. Until it does, your guess is as good as mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment