Saturday, February 27, 2010

Maybe, maybe not

It has been said that because of the Net all things published by digital means will never truly disappear. In the case of these words, I hope that is true. But even if they do survive there is no guarantee anyone will ever read them. So, it is to the unknown that I set down these thoughts. They may be of use, they may not. I have no way of knowing.

The knowledge that we have once belonged to others. As did the world. The only thing that is truly of only me is my love. The only thing that is truly of you is your love. The only gift I can give you that did not belong to other than me, and is only mine to give, is love. This I give to you. Once given, you can do what you will with it.

You can cherish it, or destroy it. Your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment